Why is Pregnancy Yoga important? How does it help?
The chief aim of pregnancy yoga is to bring your child into the world in the smoothest way possible and ensure you and your child’s good health. Here are some of the ways which suggest why pregnancy yoga is so important for women.
- Pregnant women often suffer from sleeping problems. Yoga can help you to have better and undisturbed hours of long sleep.
- It is not an unknown fact that yoga in general relieves stress and anxiety. The same holds true for prenatal yoga too and absence of stress is very important during pregnancy.
- Most of the women suffer from headache, nausea, sickness and lower back pain during pregnancy. Yoga helps to reduce each of them providing a comparatively less painful and sickening pregnancy.
- Since yoga involves breathing techniques, prenatal yoga is good for those experiencing shortness of breath. It also helps in contractions during labor.
- Since yoga involves stretching certain parts of the body and moving your body to achieve certain positions, it increases the strength and flexibility of your muscles which is very important during childbirth. It also improves balance and blood circulation
- Regular prenatal yoga release happy hormones called endorphins which prevents mood swings and erratic attitude and brings in positivity and energy
Results of Pregnancy Yoga
In a study involving 335 women at the Gunasheela Surgical and Maternity Hospital in Bangalore, India to know the effects of yoga on pregnancy, it was seen that the number of babies with greater birth weight was found in the group of women in the yoga group and Complications like Intra Uterine Growth Retardation and Pregnancy Induced Hypertension was very less in case of women in the yoga group.
Thus it can be safely concluded that prenatal yoga is beneficial for healthy mental and physical growth during pregnancy, it reduces complications, preterm labor, painful labor and increases body weight of baby. Proper yoga training under medical guidance is the best way to stay fit during the crucial nine months of pregnancy.
The classes are conducted for two hours: 11:00 AM - 01:00 PM