Yoga is not a medical process meant for only unhealthy people; rather anyone can practice yoga to lead a healthy life.
And for all those who are unfit or cannot stand, or sit or those who cannot practice yoga they can use props for performing various aasans or paranayam. By this they can attain right yoga postures thus performing it for long time. And this practice of performing yoga with the help of props is called Yoga Therapy.
Benefits of Yoga Therapy
- By practicing yoga therapy with the help of props we not only get the right postures but also the maximum benefits without any ill effect of wrong posture.
- We don’t feel tired. Due to this breathing process becomes deep and rhythmic and the body receives more of ‘Prana’ (oxygen) easily.
- When prana (oxygen) is taken rhythmically for a long time, breathing normally becomes longer. Due to this we feel very peaceful and stress is reduced, which leads to good health.
- By practicing yoga with props we can give extra twist or turn to the body according to the requirement which is usually not possible for a sick person. thus healing process becomes faster and more sustainable.
Pregnancy Yoga is the stepping stone to a healthy motherhood
Yoga is an oriental form of ancient exercise which tries to achieve a union between the soul and the spirit or the individual consciousness and universal consciousness. The whole process is like a spiritual experience that relaxes the mind and the body. Pregnancy yoga is very necessary for the well-being of the mother as well as the baby. No wonder celebrity mothers have launched their prenatal yoga DVDs to promote healthy pregnancies.
Why is Pregnancy Yoga important? How does it help?
The chief aim of pregnancy yoga is to bring your child into the world in the smoothest way possible and ensure you and your child’s good health. Here are some of the ways which suggest why pregnancy yoga is so important for women.
- Pregnant women often suffer from sleeping problems. Yoga can help you to have better and undisturbed hours of long sleep.
- It is not an unknown fact that yoga in general relieves stress and anxiety. The same holds true for prenatal yoga too and absence of stress is very important during pregnancy.
- Most of the women suffer from headache, nausea, sickness and lower back pain during pregnancy. Yoga helps to reduce each of them providing a comparatively less painful and sickening pregnancy.
- Since yoga involves breathing techniques, prenatal yoga is good for those experiencing shortness of breath. It also helps in contractions during labor.
- Since yoga involves stretching certain parts of the body and moving your body to achieve certain positions, it increases the strength and flexibility of your muscles which is very important during childbirth. It also improves balance and blood circulation
- Regular prenatal yoga release happy hormones called endorphins which prevents mood swings and erratic attitude and brings in positivity and energy
Results of Pregnancy Yoga
In a study involving 335 women at the Gunasheela Surgical and Maternity Hospital in Bangalore, India to know the effects of yoga on pregnancy, it was seen that the number of babies with greater birth weight was found in the group of women in the yoga group and Complications like Intra Uterine Growth Retardation and Pregnancy Induced Hypertension was very less in case of women in the yoga group.
Thus it can be safely concluded that prenatal yoga is beneficial for healthy mental and physical growth during pregnancy, it reduces complications, preterm labor, painful labor and increases body weight of baby. Proper yoga training under medical guidance is the best way to stay fit during the crucial nine months of pregnancy.
The classes are conducted for two hours: 11:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Strengthen Your Muscles With Relationship
Partner Yoga- Uniting Souls
Yoga is a Sanskrit word which means union and partner yoga aims at uniting two souls, mind and body. With partner yoga you will experience an eternal fitness along with a deepen relationship with your loved one. You don't have to be experienced in yoga to perform this. What you need is a willing partner- spouse, friend or relative and listen to your body. We are often unable to achieve some yoga pose on our own, as we can't keep balance due to our unfit structure. By holding onto another partner, we are getting that support needed to achieve those pose.
It is practised using two people in various poses, some of which are partner-assisted stretches while others are mutually benefitting to both. Although it is a great form of increasing intimacy between couples, it is not limited to people who are romantically involved. Any willing partner- friends, relatives, fitness buddy or even kids can perform these asana. What differentiates partner yoga from ordinary yoga is the sensation of touch- we touch others as well as is touched by others.
Benefits Of Partner Yoga
Though partner yoga is fast emerging as a favourite among modern couples, it has its roots in the Vedic ages. Some benefits of this form of yoga are follows:
- Nurturing relationships: Practicing with life partner helps in bringing us closer emotionally and deepen the connection that was lost. Trust is an important factor in maintaining the balance as one partner's body weight is used to maintain pressure on the other. This is a great way to increase faith and support for each other
- Creating moments: Practising with loved ones creates moments of intimacy, playfulness, laughter and trust through the poses. It strengthens verbal and non-verbal communication. Partners start working through issues. Partners serve as the mirror to each other for that perfect alignment. Getting all sweaty with your life partner will produce endorphins and uplift your mood. You can try poses with a blind-fold and get all creative
- Power of touch: Partner yoga is about touch and stretch. It is not about intimate touch, but the pleasant touch. Some people are uncomfortable with the idea of touch however therapeutic touch relieves pain and also increases our body's awareness
- Team-building exercise: It is a great team-building exercise as we share our movements with our partner. It develops coordination between people, and also encourages team-building spirit. We need to trust each other to maintain balance in the postures and also maintaining synchronisation. While learning yoga we also learn about team spirit and how stronger we can be together than performing individually
- Traditional advantages: It has all the traditional advantages of a yoga in building muscles and maintaining fitness. It increases lung capacity as well as stretches the torso. Long term practitioners have reported musculoskeletal and mental health improvements
It is a great way to improve communication, intimacy and fitness among couples, friends, relatives and even kids through yoga asana that have been designed keeping these benefits in mind.
The classes are conducted for one hour (Evening 07:15 – 08:15 PM)
This session has been planned in such a way that all the people whether young or old, fat or lean, healthy or unhealthy can get Benefit out of this age old and time tested method of keeping body healthy.
In this program, susham kriyas and asana are all planned carefully and scientifically in proper series. In this session more emphasis is given on doing pranayams and assans in slow motion, so that a student can self-feel it.
Each and every student is personally attended so that all the assans are done in proper alignment and body should also remain stress free. For unhealthy people our centre provides props and ropes so that they can do all the assans easily and effectively despite their weakness. Different types of assans are planned for different weeks in such a way that it not only makes the body healthy and flexible but also improves the working capacity of a person.
Don't just sit and think that u are healthy, invest six days of your life to make yourself healthy and happy.
Most Common Cause of obesity are:
- Irregular and inappropriate food
- Lack of physical activity
- Bad food habits increases calories in our body and lack of work does not let the body utilise the same, resulting in excess storage of calories which leads to obesity.
Slimming programme includes:
- Accurate food instructions
- Useful exercise and asanas
By these two factors we can not only reduce the body weight but also take care of body flexibility and toning.
This exercise programme includes:
- Tie chi
- Astanga vinyasa iyengar yoga
All these are taught in the six day offer. The slimming programme is of six days and designed to include all of the above to achieve maximum benefit towards body slimming. The long list of our "Satisfied Clients" speaks volumes about how effective and powerful this programme is.
Modern lifestyle with its ever-increasing demands, leave little or no time for our own-selves. Many of us are healthy and want to remain that way, but are unable to take out any time for regular gyming or walking.
If you are one of them, “Fitness Yoga” program is the only solution. This program is scientifically designed, consisting of Posture Yoga, Pranayaam, Twisting movements & Yogic movements etc. ‘Fitness Yoga’ ensures good health, physical flexibility, and overall positive and energetic life. And the best news is the flexibility of class timings!
Join - between 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM anytime, as per your convenience. Isn’t it a reason to celebrate!
“Advance Yoga” is specially designed for individuals who have been practicing yoga since long or those who have completed Y.T.T.P. (Yoga Teachers Training Program) from Yogapeace. This program adds in attaining yoga positivities with utmost precision and understanding. It imbibes deeper health and spiritual level through yoga assans.
Along with this, we also aim to teach meditation and pranayam with deep precision.
The classes are conducted for one and half hours (Morning 4:30 – 6:00 AM & Evening 7:00 – 09:00 PM).