YOGIC AND SCIENTIFIC PERSPECTIVE
Initially there was no direct co relation between glands and chakras by the Indian Yogis. But later with the development of modern literature the connection between the chakras, the endocrines and nervous system as well as organs of the body was highlighted.
It was observed by the western thinkers the position of seven primary chakras co-inside with the location of nerve plexus and endocrine gland.
- The word chakra literally means wheel circle or whirlpool. The chakras are connected to a network of psychic channels called NADIS which corresponds to the nerves but are subtle in nature.
- The major chakras are seven in number and located in the pathway of SUSHUMNA NADI which flows through the center of spinal cord.
- Sushumna nadi originates at the perineum and terminates at the top of the head.
- The chakra are depicted symptomatically as lotus flower. Each has particular number of patterns and the characteristic color .The lotus symbols three stages
- Stage of ignorance
- Stage of aspiration
- Stage of illumination
- It represent spiritual growth from lower states of awareness to higher states of consciousness. If the chakras are closed we can perform meditation and open them again.
- Sit in meditating position and focus on each chakras for 30 to 40 seconds at a time going in upward direction and then focus on each one going downward direction and then again going up. This is one round.
- Once your chakras are open and active you feel more balance and happy and at peace.
Pairing of Chakras and Glands
Each chakra in the body is paired with the endocrine gland and governs its function. Following are the relationship of chakras and glands:
- Root Chakra – Reproductive glands that are testis in men, ovaries in women, controls sexual development and secrete sex hormones.
- Sacral Chakra – It corresponds the adrenal glands, it regulates the immune system and metabolism.
- Solar Plexus Chakras – It corresponds pancreas and regulates metabolism
- Heart Chakra – It corresponds thymus gland and regulates immune system.
- Throat Chakra – It corresponds thyroid glands and regulates body temperature and metabolism.
- Third Eye Chakra – It corresponds Pituitary gland which produces hormones and governs the functions of the other endocrine glands. Sometime pineal gland is linked to the third eye chakras.
- The Crown Chakra – spinal code and brain stem.
HOW CHAKRA HEALING INFLUENCE GLANDS
Endocrine glands are useful reference parts for chakra healing .they are connection between energy nature of chakras and physical and physiological functions of body.
Another entry point in balancing the energy of chakras is the nervous system and its multiple network.
To prepare a healing session it can be useful to relax the nervous system and then target the gland.
The function of chakras can also be regulated by breathing exercises, meditation, and relaxation technique and also by diet and exercise.
Chakra functions at multiple level:- it acts not only at physical level but psychological, emotional and spiritual levels.
By working on one chakra we can influence the entire chakras.